Due to the global Covid-19 pandemic normal training and racing is not possible.
Lockdown #3 update (5th January 2021)
Following the UK Government’s announcement on Monday 4 January of a new national lockdown, regrettably our guidance for athletics and running must reflect these enforced Covid-19 restrictions across England.
As a result of everyone being required to stay at home, except for specific purposes as outlined by the UK Government’s guidance, the impact on our sport includes the following with immediate effect and until further notice:
• The suspension of all face-to-face indoor and outdoor club / group activity.
• The suspension of all indoor track and field competitions.
• The suspension of all outdoor competitions including track and field, cross country, road, trail, fell and multi-terrain running.
• The suspension of all face-to-face coaches’ and officials’ education.
• The suspension of any other face-to-face club / group training sessions, events, athlete camps, running groups or other social events as well as club committee or other meetings.
• Indoor gyms and facilities will remain closed.
Our club will continue to adhere to these guidelines and all indoor and outdoor training sessions are cancelled. Some virtual sessions may be held.
For more information click the link below.
This page will be updated with any relevant news during the period of closure.
Your coaches are working on training resources that will be posted on this website (click Training Resources page), to try to support members to keep fit and healthy.
Members should follow government guidelines and restrict social contact by not gathering in groups and following published hygiene protocols. Also, when doing exercise, please do it in a safe environment and be considerate to others.
Membership and Subscriptions
We are mindful that we are in difficult times and that juniors pay by standing order for training sessions that cannot happen currently.
Therefore we are proposing a couple of options to help and be fair to you.
1. Continue paying by standing order, and the club will reimburse individuals for the period that the club is closed (this is the preferred option to minimise our work when we restart).
2. Individuals stop paying their standing order and set them up again once the club is operating normally.
Also, we would appreciate the renewal of annual membership fees when due in April, but we understand that this may not be possible for many.
We will continue to keep members informed of the situation via this website and our Facebook group.
Please stay safe during these challenging times, and we hope to see all again soon.