As a responsible parent/person I will:-
* Respect the rights and dignity of everyone involved in athletics and treat everyone equally.
* Cooperate fully with others involved in the sport in the best interests of the athlete.
* Consistently promote positive aspects of the sport such as fair play and never condone rule violations or the use of banned or inappropriate substances.
* Never place undue pressure on children to perform, participate or compete.
* Take an active interest in my child’s participation.
* Attend training or competitions as required.
* Know exactly where my child will be and who they will be with at all times.
* Never make assumptions about my child’s safety.
* Ensure that my child does not take any unnecessary valuable items to training or competition.
* Inform my child’s coach of any illness or disability that needs to be taken into consideration.
* Provide any necessary medication that my child needs for the duration of trips.
* Assume responsibility for safe transportation to and from training and competition.
* Take my child into the training venue and ensure they are with a coach before I leave.
* Be there on time to pickup my child and to come into the training venue and so take my child from the coaches supervision.
* Ensure all siblings remain with me if I remain during the training session, keeping them under control and not allowing them to interfere with the sessions.
* Complete and return any necessary written consent forms.
* Report any concerns about mine or any other child’s welfare to the Club Welfare Officer, (This doesn’t affect my right to contact social services or the police if I feel necessary).
As a responsible parent/guardian, when attending any athletics activities, I will:-
* Act with dignity and display courtesy and good manners towards others.
* Never swear, use abusive language and irresponsible behaviour including acts of violence, bullying, harassment and physical and sexual abuse.
* Challenge inappropriate behaviour and language by others.
* Be aware that my attitude and behaviour directly affects the behaviour of my child and others.
* Respect venues I use and leave them as I find them.
* Never carry or consume alcohol or illegal substances.
* Never carry items that could be dangerous to myself or others.